elder and cannon architects logo
Kelvinside Academy

The existing school consisted of the main 19th century Grade A listed school building along with various additional buildings ranging from the 1920’s to the 1970’s. The brief was for a new assembly / social space for the school and Elder & Cannon proposed a simple glazed link between the existing buildings. This simple move formed not only a new assembly space but a covered link between the school buildings that helped unify the site as a whole making the school’s various facilities more accessible and legible to pupils, staff and visitors. In addition to a formal assembly space, the link also provides a dynamic space where more informal and spontaneous social interaction can occur adding a vibrancy throughout the day.